Sunday, January 29, 2017

Happy New Year ! (1 month late)



So I'm a little late with wishing everyone a Happy New Year, but better late than never!

It's taken me longer, but I'm starting to find my rhythm here in 2017 and as I'm doing this, I've found myself reminiscing: Two-thousand and sixteen was filled with adventure, excitement and new found success. Not to mention, so many memories. I finally learned how to drive (woot woot!), got engaged, moved all the way up north, and most recently, Gurpreet and I welcomed little Yuki bear (our first puppy!) into our hearts & home.


With all these amazing memories, 2016 hasn't been easy to let go of. But I know that there is only one way for me to honor the progress I've made, which is to work harder at the things that matter most and keep progressing!


With this in mind, I've already got to work on new goals like teaching Zumba and Yoga, raising a puppy, and getting back to my creative writing. But my ambitions don't stop there. The last year (and a little of the year before) has taught me (through my blog) that food is instrumental to being, and becoming. And so, moving forward, my number one objective is to lead a life consistent with my respect and admiration for the magic of earth's sustenance.

Food determines our mental and physical health, but that's only the beginning. Food is more than a way to gratify our own needs and desires, it's a means of kindness and connection, a foundation for tradition, and a bridge to the living world around us. Thanks to this blog, I have discovered a universe of meaning and wisdom I never thought possible. The only thing to do now is to keep moving, growing through my actions, my research/writing, and of course, my cooking.

In an effort to continue this journey and further my exploration I will be saying Au Revoir to this blog and Bonjour to my new adventure: Wild Apples, a blog dedicated to re-discovering a life aligned with nature and of course, nature's eats. While it's impossible to say just what this blog will entail, my mission is to explore the transformative nature of nutrients, through an in depth look at food's history, culture, and shifting political landscape in modern times. In a sense, I'll be searching for the "authentic self" through authentic and sustainable foods. You are what you eat, after all.

Needless to say, this will be the final post of Taste Life. Life Food. (*Tear*) I want to thank everyone who has taken time to read and support my journey, I hope that it's been enjoyable and maybe even illuminative. I know that it has been for me. I can't say with certainty when the new blog will debut, but I'm thinking sooner rather than later, hopefully by spring. In the mean time, have a happy and plentiful new year, I can't wait to reconnect and get cookin' in the very near future !

Bon Voyage.

Here are some special memories from 2016...






























           










                     






        











Here's To The Future!!!


























  

No comments:

Post a Comment